This famous building in the center of Palma is located in the old terrain of Camp Roig cemetery. Its construction began in the 17th century and lasted until 19th century, when it became a charity dedicated to take in homeless people. Apart from numerous and spacious rooms where a huge variety of events are organised (conferences, workshops, art exhibitions, etc.) the building has a large and beautiful courtyard, a library and a garden with sculptures and an amazingly huge ficus. There’s also a small room where works from the collection of Croatian painter Kristian Kreković (1901-1985) are shown.
We love to spend some time in its garden during spring afternoons, listening to the birds singing and contemplating the beautiful environment.